Pages

Sunday 5 August 2012

Cards Galore August Challenge - Day 5 - Marleen & Rachael's design team tags

Welcome to day five of our design team showcase


Marleen
http://marleens-crafty-space.blogspot.co.uk/

For my tag, I decided to have my very first go with a mask. I die cut the tag, layered with the mask, and used my distress ink and tool to add colour. I then matted my tag onto silver mirri card, die cut the cogs, added the brad and sentiment, finished with an eyelit and ribbon, and Voila :-)

"The tag is what I saved from a pair of jeans i'd got a while ago to recycle. My inspiration for this tag from Tim Holtz . I made this with my daughter in mind she loves butterfly's and birds. So  I thought this could be hung in her bedroom. I used distressed inks for the background stamped the background with some Tim Holtz stamps, die cut the wings and hand cut the heart covered in crackle accents.
Added some orange and blue feathers, die cut flower from Tim Holtz with metal brad in center. Added tiny tag with glossy accents and cut out wording, bird and butterfly from some papers I had in my stash. :) xx"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marleen Hi Rachel
    Really fab tags. Love the 'industrial' feel to the Cogs tags, great for a man and the lovely subtle colours of Rachael's winged heart tag, so pretty.

    Ax

    ReplyDelete